Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Jesus Before Pilate
1. Why would the Jews be considered ‘unclean’ if they entered the palace?
2. What is the significance of the ‘charges’ against Jesus in v. 30?
3. The religious leaders say, “But we have no right to execute anyone…” What do you think about this? Historical / legal background? Irony of the statement in this situation?
4. Jesus speaks about his Kingdom when being questioned by Pilate. What are your observations on this profound scene, with two leaders of two kingdoms standing face to face?
5. Pilate asks, “What is truth?” Good question. What do you think?
6. “Now Barabbas had taken part in a rebellion.” What strikes you about this one sentence biography?
Posted by The LeRoys at 2:25 PM